Green Hotel Stats
At Watermark Beach Resort we are committed to managing an environmentally sustainable business. Through conservation programs and employee training our environmentally friendly actions are making a difference!
Sustainable practices are becoming more and more common in our homes. We recycle, compost and are continuously looking for ways to conserve the water and energy we use daily. Traveling, whether for leisure or business, does not mean you have to leave these practices at home. Our resort is an extension of your home, it is easy to make a positive impact no matter where you are. Here are just a few things you can do that will help make a difference.
In the Guest Room
- Lighting: If you are in the room during the day, open to the curtains to take advantage of natural light instead of turning on multiple light sources.
- Air conditioning and heating: Make sure the windows/balcony doors are closed if the air/heating system is on. Or alternatively, shut off the air or heat if you prefer to have the windows open.
- Towel & Linen Reuse Programs: We are pleased to offer a program that allows you, our guests to choose when to have your towels and linens laundered. By taking advantage of this program you help reduce the number of loads of laundry we generate daily which contributes to both water and energy savings.
- Towel reuse: To indicate you would like to reuse your towels simply hang them on the towel rack. Should fresh towels be required, We are ask to place used towels in the bathtub.
- Sheet reuse: Place the conservation card on your bed to indicate that you would like fresh linens. If the card is not present, housekeeping staff will then simply remake the bed.
- Recycling: Recycling bins are available in our guest rooms and meeting rooms. Make full use of it by placing items such as newspapers, paper, plastics, cans and glass in it rather than in the garbage bin.
- Guest Room Coffee: Our sustainable coffees are a unique collection of sustainable harvested coffees, carefully selected from some of the finest growing regions around the world. Despite no single agreed upon definition for ' sustainable coffee ', for us it represents a process that is both good to the land and the people who grow it. Each year, we travel to origins with the objective of creating meaningful relationships with our growing partners, which also allows us to witness firsthand, sustainable agriculture in action. Oughtred Coffee and Tea is a Carbon Neutral company ( Offsetters ) and HACCAP certified.
- Water Conservation: When brushing your teeth or washing/shaving your face shut the tap off or fill the sink to avoid leaving the water running. Keeping your showers short not only saves water but also saves energy (used to heat the water). A 10-minute shower can use up to 20 gallons/75 litres of water.
Leaving the Guest Room
- Make sure you turn off all lights and electronics when you leave the room
- Turn the air conditioning/heating down or off and close the windows
- During the hot summer months, close the drapes during the day to help keep the room cool
- Make sure you have taken advantage of the linen/towel reuse program
- Check that sink and tub faucets are tightly shut off to avoid water loss from dripping taps